It’s quiz time
Melville United Academy is hosting a quiz night at TDO Hillcrest (the old Boston Bar by the Cobham Drive/Morrinsville Rd roundabout) on Saturday September 1, from 6-10.30pm.
Entry is $60 for a team of 4-6 adults, with payment made to the following account:
Proceeds from the quiz will go towards costs associated with Melville youth teams attending the end-of-season McCartney Tournament in Taupo, on October 13-14.
The TDO kitchen will be available for meals from 6-9pm, while nibbles and drinks can be purchased from the bar at discounted prices
Please email Gareth.email@example.com to book a table. The club is hoping to have 30 full tables contesting the quiz.
Between quiz rounds there will be auction and silent auction items to be won, along with raffles.
Now, to get you in the quiz mood, test your general knowledge with a few questions below (with answers further below):
1. Who wrote the novel, Moby-Dick?
2. Who was the first woman in New Zealand to be elected to a city council?
3. Who is the current President of the New Zealand Institute of Architects?
4. Who were the beaten finalists in the 2003 Chatham Cup?
5. In what suburb of Hamilton would you find Jones Cres?
1. Herman Melville
2. Eliza Melville
3. Tim Melville
4. Melville United