Melville United Association Football Club Code of Conduct
This code of conduct is designed to ensure that every club member, player, coach, administrator, employee, service provider and supporter adheres to a set of values that promotes Melville United as a fair and ethical club where football is nurtured and all generations can enjoy the beautiful game and the company of fellow club members as well as visiting teams / supporters.
A general code of conduct will apply to everyone associated with the club and/or visiting the club:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
- Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealings with others.
- Be professional in, and accept responsibility for, your actions.
- Make a commitment to providing quality service and performance.
- Be aware of, and maintain, an uncompromising adherence to, standards, rules, regulations and policies.
- Operate within the constitution, regulations, policies and procedures of Melville United, NZ Football and FIFA.
- Understand the possible consequences of breaching NZ Football’s Code of Conduct.
- Immediately report any breaches to the appropriate authority.
- Comply with any and all the applicable national or local legislation.
- Refrain from any form of abuse towards others.
- Refrain from using abusive language.
- Refrain from any form of harassment towards others.
- Refrain from any form of discrimination towards others.
- Refrain from any form of victimisation towards others.
- Reject corruption, drugs, racism, violence and other dangers to our sport and club.
- Promote the interests of football.
- Provide a safe environment for the conduct of activity in accordance with relevant Melville United and NZ Football policies.
- Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured.
- Be a positive role model.
- Do not provide comment to any media or publish any comment (including on any website) on behalf of Melville, NZ Football or its Federations except where specifically authorised to do so.
- Never act in a way that may bring disrepute or disgrace to Melville United, NZ Football, its stakeholders and/or its sponsors.
- Do not participate (or benefit from assisting others involved) in sports betting or gambling activity associated with football matches and/or football results in which you are participating or have been directly involved in.
- Play to win but play fair.
- Never argue with or verbally abuse an official; observe the Laws of the Game.
- Accept defeat with dignity.
- Conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner and respect fellow players, coaches, managers and referees and the achievements of opponents.
- Not bully or take an unfair advantage over another competitor.
- Cooperate with their coach, manager, team mates and opponents.
This code is based on the NZ Football Code of Conduct and is intended to provide a safe environment to players, officials and spectators. Some additions, changes and deletions have been made to suit the Melville United club.